This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
sol-tec take a proactive approach to user privacy and to ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience to our website. Our website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within our website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into the law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to sol-tec contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us at
Information collection and use
How do we collect information?
When you sign up for our newsletter, purchase our products or sign up for an event you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms and ticking the opt-in box to receive communications from us about our products and services.
How long do we keep your data for?
sol-tec will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
How we process data
sol-tec will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information that we have gathered about you as a result of signing up for our newsletter, purchasing our products or services or signing up for an event.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to sol-tec by contacting us at
- Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by sol-tec regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can update your personal details with us at any point by contacting us at
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing communication.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data and take a proactive approach to ensure we are compliant with current data protection regulations. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time, which will be publicised on our website.